Nut triangles are a sweet treat from Germany that consist of a dry base with some crunchy nut mix on top. They are especially delicious if coated in chocolate and taste really good either as desert or afternoon treat with tea or coffee.
- 350 g whole grain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 g coconut oil (melted)
- 90 g sugar (I used 1/2 coconut sugar )
- 10 tbsp water
- 450 g nuts
- 90 g coconut oil
- 175 g apple sauce
- 80 g sugar
- cinnamon or every other spice you like
- vegan chocolate
- Combine all the ingredients of the first paragraph with an electric mixer and work the dough with your hands, dispersing it into a smooth ball.
- Grease your baking tray with some coconut oil and spread the dough with your hands, evenly to cover the whole surface. (You could also roll out the dough beforehand and then flip it onto the tray). Puncture the dough with a fork at several places to create small holes which let the air get through more easily.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C / 356 °F
- Grind the nuts in a food processor. Place the coconut oil, apple sauce, sugar and spices in a pan and bring to a boil. Take off the heat and stir the nuts through until combined. Then spread the mixture evenly onto the dough on your baking tray. (this gets easier if you spoon the mixture onto several places and spread it evenly from there)
- Place the nut triangles in the oven for 20-25 min until golden brown and let them cool afterwards.
- Cut them in triangular shapes and melt some chocolate in a hot water bath.
- Drizzle chocolate onto the triangles or dip them into the chocolate and afterwards let them cool on some parchment paper until the chocolate is set. Keep them in the fridge for a few days and ENJOY !
Inspiration by https://www.maraswunderland.de/vegane-nussecken/#wprm-recipe-container-18276