Reasons to eat more plants:
- A 2014 study showed that dietary greenhouse gas emissions are approximately double for meat eaters than vegans. By simply halving your meat consumption you have 40% reduced nitrogen emissions, 40% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and 23% less land use .
- A single day on a vegan diet saves 1,100 gallons of water, 45 pounds of grain, 30 square foot of forested land, 20 pounds of greenhouse gases and one animals life.
- World fish populations are expected to collapse by 2048, with 80% of current fish stocks currently being overfished or collapsed already. Plus, fishing is a huge cause of ocean plastic, with 46% of the great pacific garbage patch being made up of fishing nets .
- Plants are nutrient powerhouses – packed full of fibre, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and goodness .
- Eating more plants is a compassionate choice. 153 million farm animals are killed a day for human consumption, that’s 56 billion a year, not even including marine life. (by Zanna van Diek)
Think about the foods that you want to incorporate more into your diet, rather than thinking about the ones you want to avoid.
If you view foods as you friends, like in real live there are some friends that you want to spend more time with than with others.
Why I choose a plant based lifestyle – 1 – the health benefits
health benefits that you did not know about and how plants can be the remedy for many common issues like high blood pressure, being overweight and diabetes
– 2 – The benefits of a plant-based diet for athletic performance
How to fuel yourself properly for training and optimal recovery – the benefits of plant-based nutrition
5-A-Day for your health
5-A-Day : a minimum of five servings of fruit and vegetables every day to improve your health!