Quick and easy Easter Nests that are made out of coconut chips coated in chocolate. Those take literally 10 min to make and are foolproof so go on and give them a try.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- approximately 1 cup vegan chocolate
- favourite oval shaped nut or candy
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 165°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the shredded coconut on the parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the coconut is golden brown and slightly crispy. (keep an eye on it as is burns easily) Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath, when done pour over the toasted coconut and turn the mixture with a spatula until the coconut is fully coated.
- Allow the bowl to sit for 5 minutes to let the mixture begin to stiffen, then scoop 2 tbsp balls back onto the parchment lined baking tray and press down with the spatula or the back of a spoon to form small “nests”, careful to leave a dip in the centre.
- Now you can fill the centre with your favourite round oval shaped candy or round nut.
- Freeze to set quickly and enjoy!
- You can store the leftovers in the fridge and keep in mind that they will melt and fall apart if kept too long at room temperature.
Inspired by https://www.floraandvino.com/?s=easter#