This delicious and easy recipe is adapted from one of my favourite recipe books by Deliciously Ella. If you love brownies than this is definitely for you! The buckwheat flour gives the brownie a more nutty flavour which makes the recipe just a nice alternation to the conventional brownie. In addition to the health benefits of buckwheat, being a very nutritious whole grain that is very underrated in my opinion, this brownie recipe changes up our usual staples and gives us more nutrient diversity while still being absolutely delicious.
- chia egg (1 tbsp chia)
- 250g Buckwheat flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 330g cane sugar (coconut sugar works a well)
- 60g cacao powder
- 100ml almond milk
- 130 g coconut oil (melted)
- peanuts (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare the chia egg by mixing the chia seed with 4 tbsp of water and leave it to set.
- Meanwhile combine all the remaining ingredients except the peanuts.
- Add the chia egg and mix for a few minutes to make sure that everything is well combined.
- Fold in the peanuts (leave some for decoration on the top).
- Spread the mixture evenly in the lined baking dish and sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top.
- Leave in the oven for 25-30 minutes and leave to cool for around 10 min before cutting the brownie into square.
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure to give it a like and subscribe to my blog if you want more delicious and easy recipes. Comment down below if you found this recipe good or if you have any questions.